Monday, April 21, 2014

30 Days of Blogging: 21 Facts About Me

  1. I love lists! Yupp...this is my favorite prompt yet! :) I am constantly making lists and sometimes making lists for my lists for my lists.
  2. This year will be my golden birthday. I'll be 28 on June 28th. 
  3. I have always wanted to have a radio show. No idea why this is but I think it would be great to share my opinions on things and help others figure things out. I would like to think that I am exciting enough for people to listen to. 
  4. I have 3 black pugs...and an obsession with pugs in general. My puggies are my babies and even my husband knows where he ranks in comparison to them. ;) I will be a WRECK when I lose one of them.
  5. I love to cook but hate to clean up afterwards. Luckily we have an agreement in our house that I cook and Brad does the dishes. We both end up happy this way so it is definitely working out. 
  6. I want to someday own my own salon and spa. I would love to have my own space to take care of my own clients. Maybe just one chair and one facial bed but it would be MINE so that would make it perfect. After owning my own salon, I think that someday maybe I will try to teach in this industry. I love helping people and have watched my dad teach at the college level for years so this has always been in my sights. 
  7. If I had a superpower I wish I could turn back time. Not to change things but just to relive them. I would love to have one last song at my favorite concert or one last adrenaline rush on my favorite roller coaster or one last hug with someone I've lost.
  8. I'm a technology geek and love to have the latest and greatest technology but I try to step back and remind myself that brand new things often have problems. I often have to sell myself on NOT buying things.
  9. I finally learned to shop for clothes by what they are and not just the price. I used to shop for things that were ok and wearable off the clearance rack. I always wondered how everyone else looked so adorable and I felt frumpy. This year I finally started shopping based on what I love and know I will wear. I feel a million times better about myself in the things I'm wearing now. 
  10. While I am a technology geek as listed above...I have a hard time getting digital media and e-books. There is just something about having the CD with the insert or holding a book in my hands that won't die in the middle of me reading it that I have a hard time giving up. I have been known to buy a digital copy of something and if I love it enough I buy the CD/Book/DVD  too.
  11. I hate being as tall as I am. If I knew there was a surgery I could have and I had the money to blow on it, I would have surgery to make me shorter. I would LOVE to be 5'5" or 5'6". (I am 6'1" for those that don't know how tall I am.) I have always been self conscious about my height and while it's gotten better over the years I hate when I get brave enough to wear heels and I walk somewhere for someone to say "OH MY GOSH...HOW TALL ARE YOU!??!?" Well...hello to you too. HAHA
  12. I wish I was brave enough to move away from home. I wish I could pack up and move to Kansas City, Fort Worth, or Prague but I will likely never be brave enough to actually do it. 
  13. I always hated Apple products and said I would never own one but I now own an iPod, iPhone, iPad, Airport Express, Apple TV, and Macbook Pro. I love how reliable their products are and am hooked...yes I'll probably be buying products from them for the rest of my life. 
  14. I hope to someday have a job where I can travel a little for work. I would love to be a trainer for a product line or something where I can travel around the US or beyond for work but don't want to be traveling full time. 
  15. I think I need to have kids or nanny again so I have an excuse for my love of Disney movies. :) Yes I have watched Frozen 4 times in the past month since I watched it for the first time and no I haven't ever watched it will a child. 
  16. I'm TERRIBLE about procrastinating...I should be doing homework right now but instead I am blogging and avoiding it. 
  17. I have a weakness for sushi and Mexican food. :) I can be full and will find a way to sneak in a few more bites with these. I always finish eating and feel miserable for hours afterwards. 
  18. If I don't drink soda I get a HORRIBLE caffeine headache. I would love to quit drinking soda but I don't like coffee without a ton of sugar and creamer (which makes it no worse than soda) so I'll have to work to cut back before I quit cold turkey. 
  19. I don't really like bologna but for whatever reason whenever I eat my mom's chili I love to have a bologna sandwich with it. I'm not sure how this started but me and my younger brother both do it. Mom's chili and a bologna sandwich with miracle whip. :) I also love adding vinegar and cheese to my chili.Yea..I'm weird. :) 
  20. I was a vegetarian for 4 years. Not for a noble reason...only because my mom didn't believe I could do it and said if I did it would only last 2 weeks. I showed her....and made her mad I think....every day for 4 years. Yea...I'm a tad stubborn...
  21. I've only gone hunting once but when I did I told my husband I was going to do everything. He figured I would try but chicken out on it. (Who would think the girl that was a vegetarian for 4 years would to it all. I shot the buck (only in the leg but he had to shoot the 2nd time because I was too shaken up as I had never shot at a moving target in my life) and then helped to drag it to the truck, field dress, skin and de-bone it. Nobody thought I would do it but I did it all! :) Guess the bonus of growing up with brothers is to not be afraid to get a little dirty. 
There you have it! 21 things that many of you don't know about me. :) I hope you do this too so I can read about you a little more! Can you relate to any of these or which do you think are really weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment