Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'm Back...Where Have I Been All Month?

It's been almost a month since I've blogged but my blogger has been used...I had about 6 posts to delete before starting this one. I've had a hard month and I'm going to share with all of my blogging friends. On June 28th we celebrated my 27th birthday with friends and family at Barry's (The Husker Bar) and got home late but had a great time. Little did I know that things would change in a few short hours. Below are a few pictures from the night: 














It was an amazing night filled with lots of crazy memories. When I got a call from my best friend at 9:30am the next morning I wondered why she would be calling so early (I know it's not that early but after getting home after 2am it was pleanty early.) When I answered I could immediately tell something was wrong in the tone of her voice. She told me that her nephew Shane had been beaten up and they were on the way to the hospital. Brad and I got up and headed to the hospital as soon as possible. I fought with myself if I should go up there or if I would just be another person in the way but in my heart of hearts I knew I had to be there. I loved Shane like he was part of my own family because he WAS. No...not by blood but their family is as much my family as mine is Stephanie's. I remember the day Shane came to Stephanie and started to live with her. I remember painting a room for him in Broncos colors. I remember laughing with him and protecting him when he was scared. My mind was and is still going 1,000 miles a minute thinking of him. I was allowed into the room to see him as part of the family and it made me sick to see him like this. WHO on earth could do that to someone?!? He looked like a baby laying there connected to all of the tubes and we just wanted to hold him and tell him everything was going to be ok. Click on the photo of Shane to view the article about him and you can find previous articles related to the situation: 


Shane was declared brain dead and taken off life support but we still need help in finding who did this to him. NOBODY deserves to be beaten to death the way he was. Shane is a hero to many as his organs were donated and he saved many lives. I pray every day that we find who did this to him. He was loved by many but had a tough life and I pray that he is wresting easy in God arms now. 


I appologize for the missed month of blogging but I just didn't know how to write this. Today I felt that I wouldn't lose it sharing the story and had to get it out while I can. Please pass this on to anyone you know that might know ANYTHING in this situation. Everything helps and we need to find who did this to Shane.

UPDATE: A few hours after I posted this my best friend Stephanie posted the following 
"To our lovely HERO you have given the gift of life and these are the people you helped to save.

Your heart went to a 55 year old male with one son and one daughter.
Your right kidney went to a 13 year old girl with 3 year old sisters.
Your left liver went to a 36 year old female mother of four.
Your right liver went to a 61 year old male with one son and one daughter (who loves fishing like you did.)
Your lungs both went to a 17 year old female.

All of your organs are functioning and doing well!!!

We miss and love you so much Shane Walton! I pray that we find the cowards that did this to you! Always in our hearts and forever in the hearts of these people above!!!"
I'll share more of what has happened in the past month very soon.Thanks so much for being so understanding in my absence. 

Till Next Time, 
Stefanie Husak


4 comments:

  1. <3 I am truly sorry that this had to happen to you and your family. Anything I can do, I'm always here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaks so much Raewyn! You're an awesome friend. :) I'm thankful to have met you. I hope you enjoy the goodies that are on their way to you! I had to update my post because I saw Stephanie's update on Shanes organs and I had to share with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for the loss of Shane. That is a terrible tragedy but know his memory will live on in the lives of people who personally knew him and all of the lives his organs saved! It sounds like despite his tough life, he was very loved and can find peace now. Praying for the comfort for all of you who knew and loved him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it means a lot to have support coming from people from everywhere. Every day gets a little easier but I still find myself thinking I see him around town.

    ReplyDelete