Monday, June 10, 2013

The Good Life : Career Day



College of Hair Design
My current "full-time job" is to be a student! I thought I had this life thing figured out and then I realized that money isn't everything and happiness is what counts in the end. I decided that my job in the business world wasn't all I hoped it would be. (If you know me then you know the truth...I talk too much to sit behind a desk for 8 hours a day.) We got married in September and I started Cosmetology School in October. I'll finish school in January and am currently planning on starting the Esthetics program right away in January to finish in July. Little over a year and I'll have my business degree, cosmetology license, and esthetician license. If you need your hair done just let me know! :) So far I love it and am just over halfway done.

Best Buy
I've worked at Best Buy on and off since 2004 and learned a lot along the way. At one point I even thought my career goal was to be a retail manager. I have since realized that I love working in retail but don't enjoy the retail schedule of nights weekends and holidays so I have changed that plan. I went back to Best Buy when I needed a part time while I was going to school. I have worked in many departments so I help out wherever they need me but I just accepted a position in Asset Protection to help prevent loss in any way to the store. I'm excited to try something new as I have never worked in this department. I'll let you know how that's going in a few weeks after I start the new position.

Scentsy Family
I started selling Scentsy Fragrance in May of 2010 thinking it would be a fun thing to do here and there. My team began to grow that November and I now have 26 consultants on my team. I have met and become closer with some awesome people because of this business and I love owning my own business and being the leader of the most amazing team in the entire Scentsy company. I also get to go on vacation once a year and write it off as a business expense. I know that it's not technically vacation because it's annual convention but it's not work if you have as much fun as we do. I went to Fort Worth, TX in 2011, LasVegas, NV in 2012, and will be heading to Indianapolis, IN in 2013. My business expanded when Scentsy Family was born by adding Velata (Fun Fondue) and Grace Adele (Purses and Accessories) were added to the company. Where else can you have one team with 3 completely different opportunities?! I LOVE IT! Be sure to check out my websites to learn more by clicking the following links: Scentsy Fragrance, Velata, and Grace Adele. Follow me on Facebook too!

Miss Czech-Slovak US Pageant
If you haven't read my blog before you have some catching up to do. ;) I was crowned Miss Czech-Slovak US in 2010 and soon after my now husband asked me to marry him on stage in front of everyone. The year I spent traveling the US (and even beyond) representing my heritage as queen was the most amazing year of my life. It was very important to me to stay involved after I passed on the title to the next young lady. I took over as the webmaster and have now joined the pageant committee and help with several other things to keep this pageant going! Learn more about this pageant and the opportunities we have for the young women that participate visit our site: http://www.missczechslovakus.com

Young Czechs of Nebraska
I founded the Young Czechs of Nebraska to keep our youth involved in their Czech heritage. It started with a childrens' Czech heritage festival called "Czech It Out" that we held in several different towns and continued with a choir that performs at festivals throughout Nebraska. Depending on what we have coming up I work with the kids one or two nights a week to teach them Czech songs in English and in Czech. It is so much fun seeing their progress (if only adults could learn that fast!) We're working to continue our choir but start a dance group and continue the festivals to help kids explore their Czech heritage. Be sure to follow us on Facebook!

Wife & "Mommy"
I'm a new wife (I wonder how long I can call myself before I'm an old wife LOL) and a mommy to 3 black pugs. I love our little family but unfortunately things are so busy I don't get to spend as much time as I would like to with them. I know that this schedule is temporary but things will get a new kind of busy when our family grows. I spend what little time I have left over relaxing on the couch and watching movies with my hubby and "kids."


So there you have it...things are busy and crazy and sometimes I don't know if I can keep going one more day but I LOVE MY LIFE! I couldn't ask to have more wonderful opportunities and more outstanding family and friends to share my experiences with. I wear a lot of hats but I do my best to be sure I look good in all of them! :-D

1 comment: