Sunday, June 23, 2013

May Cara Box Reveal

Ok...I'm way behind in everything in life and am finally getting around to blogging about an awesome experience I had with a fun blog activity called Cara Box.

Cara Box

Cara Box was started by Kaitlin at Wifessionals (one of my favorite blogs to read so be sure to check it out!) It was created as a way for all of us bloggers to get to know each other, send each other some encouragement, and get something special in good old snail mail! We're paired up with someone to send something to and someone who will be sending something to us. It's a fun way to get to know something new and have a special box come in the mail just for you. Each month even has a special theme. Find out more about joining in the fun!

May's theme was "Let's Get Regional" and here is how it was described: "So this month you will get to know your partner. Figure out things they love or are passionate about. Then make them a box filled with thoughtful items - but they must be themed towards the region YOU live in. This will give you the opportunity to send things to your partner that shows them a little bit about where you come from. So if they like chocolate, maybe send them a locally found chocolate bar! Please be mindful to still include things themed around what they like, just figure out a way to tie in your region."

I was paired up with two amazing women and had a lot of fun participating. I'll definitely be doing this again soon!!

I sent a box to the lovely Laura from Inspiration.Sparks. She is a 22 year old newlywed but is braver than me and has moved from home (Puerto Rico) to North Carolina and most recently to an island in Japan (they call it Japan's Hawaii.) They will be there for 2 more years and she blogs to keep everyone at home up to date on what is going on in their lives. I sent her 2 Nebraska Date Nights in her box and you can read about them on her post HERE. Hopefully they have some fun learning about Nebraska and maybe even try a few new things! :)

I received a box from Ashley over at Discovery Toys Mom. She is a wife and mom of one two legged baby and one four legged baby. :-D She enjoys working as a Discovery Toys Educational Consultant. We have a lot in common with or love of our families and our in home businesses. She sent me some fun new things and some things that I LOVE!!



Ashley sent a note explaining what she had sent. She sent an awesome magnet from their local zoo. If she knew how many magnets and things I constantly have hanging on my fridge she would know this was perfect. She also included some Mary Kay hand cream from a local consultant (double thumbs up because I love their hand cream and I love that she's supporting a local small business owner.) I loved the Stella and Dot necklace charm that she included. I know it will be perfect this summer. There were several samples that I haven't tried but if they're as awesome as everything else she included I'm sure I will LOVE them. Last but not least she included a surprise for my babies!! She knew enough about me to send something for the 3 little babies that are my world! I opened them right away and gave them to the puggies. I will preface the following photos by telling you that Lilly has it OUT for tennis balls...she goes completely ballistic when she has one...you'll notice most of the photos are blurry because she is shaking the ball so hard and the still ones are where she happens to be taking a breath before starting again. I didn't realize it but my husband had never seen her have one and we proceeded to laugh till we were both nearly in tears. :) They are still playing with them all the time.





I had so much fun and can't wait to participate in a Cara Box again very soon!!! Read more about it and join in the fun. I'm sure you won't be disappointed...who could be with new friends, snail mail, and presents?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment