Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Good Life : Your Vehicles




Oh geeze...you would ask about the Husak Car Lot! :) We have several of ours and it seems like we always have a few extras hanging around in the "Garage-mahal". Yes...our GIANT garage has it's own name and even has a sign to prove it!


I'll start with my favorite car in the collection...my Mustang! :) She's also known as the Queenmobile. I had always wanted a sporty fun car and after driving the Stratusfaction, my first car, a '96 Dodge Stratus (insert SNL quotes here) for almost 10 years it was time to move on. My best friend was selling her Mustang and I had always wanted one. This was the first big purchase Brad & I made together. It had only been owned by one person before Stephanie (yes my best friend has the same name as me) bought it so I knew it had been well taken care of. When I got plates for it I got custom plates and put "CZECH QN" on them. It looks like Czech On to most people but it's a Q. I haven't changed the plates yet but when it's time for renewal I will get something to do with Czech but probably drop the queen part. I love driving this car and it has taken me many miles through Lincoln, Nebraska, and all over the US!


Next we will visit Brad's Baby...this one ranks up there with his accordion! ;) Brad has owned several muscle cars in the past and sold them (I was still bitter to find out about the Chevelle but that's another blog someday...) but he finished this one! His '69 Nova is his baby and even made it in our wedding pictures. Someday we will get it licensed and get her back out on the road. I've been told I'll be the first girl to drive it too! Woah buddy...we're getting serious here.


Next in the Collection is the Colorado. This is the truck Brad had when we met and he has picked me up for dates in this little guy through the years. It would be sad to see it go but I know that eventually it will have to be upgraded. We've taken it on a few long trips and it's not very comfortable, I know that putting a couple of carseats would fill it up way too quickly.


We both argue over the next one...the Silverado. I'm pretty sure it's my truck but he likes to drive it sometimes. This was Brad's dad's truck and when he passed away his mom gave it to us. There was one set of keys that his mom had in her purse and her blush broke and the buttons came out pink. I told Brad that this was a sign that they were pink so they're my keys and his dad wanted me to have it. HAHA! We both love this truck but it is hard to fill that gas tank from Empty to Full!


The Taurus is at the bottom of the list because we have it but neither of us really love it. It definitely serves its purpose though and that's why we keep it around. Usually it's Brad's daily driver unless the roads are icy then we drive the trucks.


Ok...to balance things out here with Ford and Chevy I'm counting the Model T in the mix since it's sitting in our garage. Our house is divided on a few things and Ford vs Chevy is one of them...full on war here people!  I was raised a Ford fan by a dad and grandpa that teach Auto Collision Repair (Auto Body) at a college near here. Brad somehow fell into the dark side although his dad was previously a Ford fan. He even has a rediculous tattoo that we need to scrub off of him when I finally convice him to be sane again. ;)

1 comment: