Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ready to Read

I'm getting ready to head to Wisconsin tomorrow and I really should be studying for the 2 tests I have tomorrow but instead I'm stressing over the things that need to be done and the things I want to be done before I go. I am so thankful for my parents being 1/2 block away so I don't have to stress about my babies being taken care of but in pulling books out to decide what I'm going to read while we're on the road for 8 hours I found this issue a little harder than I thought...I HAVE SO MANY BOOKS I HAVEN'T READ!!! I am seriously shocked.

When I worked in a call center I read all the time between calls and went through several books per month so when I saw a bargain on books (keep in mind this is BEFORE I owned any sort of e-reader) I would buy a couple to add to my collection. Tonight in going through my "new books to be read" boxes I found 50 books that I haven't read...now remember...this is pre-e-reader books so let's add another 15 to that list.
What I'm trying to tell you is it's time to get busy and get to reading!!! That means yet another goal for the year. I would like to read a minimum of one book each month this year but will be much happier if I achieve more than that. I know I can't set aside a ton of time but I'm going to try to start taking a book to school and instead of sitting in the break room over lunch and looking at Facebook on my phone I will take a book and bury my nose in it. :) I'll share with you as I get through some and let you know how they are. After I get through these 65...I would love to get suggestions from all of you. Here is a photo of some of the books as I took them out of the boxes on my living room floor. It is truly a mess of different styles of books (fiction, non-fiction, self help, business training, etc.) and different styles of writing (from J.K. Rowling to Jodi Piccoult) but I'm looking forward to a lot of diversity in my upcoming reading months!



On the way to Wisconsin my friend Denise and I have decided to read the same books so we can chit chat about what's going on in them so I'll be starting off this adventure with "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks and "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson.

Does anyone else have an addiction to buying books even when you don't need a new one?! I didn't realize quite how bad it was until just now!

Stefanie Husak

1 comment:

  1. Yada Yada Prayer Group Series, or anything by Neta Jackson (or her hubby Dave Jackson) really inspirational and it's not some boring Christian book. I've got the books if you'd like to borrow them!!

    ReplyDelete