Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Live from My Mac

Well...I've officially given in! :) If you would have talked to me 3 years ago and told me I would own a Mac computer I would have politely laughed in your face and told you that you were crazy. Along with this snow storm that is apparently going to be the end of the world...I have....yes ladies and gentlemen...purchased a Mac.



My conversion process started in May when our church advertised a God Story during the service. You had to write a "God Story" to our pastor and tell him about how God was working in your life. I wrote about how Brad and I were going through some difficult times with losing his dad and we fell into the church family at Christ Lutheran Church. I'm not sure how we would have handled things if we hadn't found our church home at that time and I wrote all about it. A few weeks later (the week I was to graduate from Southeast Community College) I got an email from our pastor with the title "iPad." Well the names of everyone who had written a "God Story" were thrown into a hat and I won an iPad. I stood up at my desk and had a small melt down because I was so excited. It was like a graduation present from God. HAHA!

I thought that I would try this thing out but really wasn't expecting to use it too much. Well...I was hooked. I used it all the time and started thinking how great it would be to have a Mac computer, iPhone, and the whole shebang.

A few weeks ago I fell asleep with my iPad on my stomach and woke up to the sound of it falling to the ground. I assumed everything was fine because it fell in my bedroom from the bed onto the carpet but when I picked it up later it had fallen on my remote...still not so bad but with my luck it had to be worse. It fell on the remote right on the side where the volume up and down buttons are and dented the case. The buttons were stuck so after a few weeks of ignoring it and pretending I didn't have it (so I could calm down a bit) I found a way to override the buttons on the side and am now able to work with it without a huge change. While I love my iPad I type a lot, run a few websites, and keep in touch with my Scentsy team so having nothing but the iPad wasn't really an option. My laptop has been starting to act up and I've just dealt with it but last night it just gave up...FRUSTRATING! Of course this isn't the most convenient time with school full time but with working at Best Buy I purchased an open item computer and got a good deal. I also got the coverage so I don't have to worry about dropping it or my dogs ruining the thing. Hopefully I can get everything transferred over from my old computer and I'll be set.

For anyone else transitioning from a PC to a Mac I'll let you in on a little secret that our Apple rep at Best Buy told me about...go to this link and you will find a document about "On Windows I used to..." and the Apple process of doing the same thing. (I'm sure this will be my lifeline for a while!!): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2514 

I'll let you know how it's going in a few weeks! (Maybe just maybe I'll get a snow day tomorrow to be able to learn more and practice on it!)

Stefanie Husak

No comments:

Post a Comment