Saturday, April 13, 2013

Our "Extreme Home Makeover"

Well after we got our 3rd puggie last fall we have noticed that they have started marking territory. Yea...not a fun habit to break! The final straw came when we found pee on my baby photo album (which was hand sewn by my mom to match my baby nursery and cross stitched with my name and date of birth on the front.

No More Kitchen Table!
We have started potty training over from the beginning! We no longer have a kitchen table to make room for the 3 kennels we now have in our kitchen. We beginning to reinforce who is the alpha dog in our house (Daisy is1st, Lilly is our 2nd, and Max is 3rd in our pack) with feeding, attention, and treats. We also emptied everything out of our bedroom and carpet cleaned the floors first with vinegar, 2nd with bleach, and 3rd with a pet enzyme cleaner.


All of the Kids in Their "Rooms"
The kids are now learning to spend the day in their kennels and even sleep in their kennels (I think this part is even harder for their mommy than it is for them!) They are only in the house if they are in the room with us and if they go out of our sight in the house then they have to wear what we call their "fancy pants." Any guesses what these are?? Yupp...doggy diapers! :) Not only is it a good laugh for us but we can let them go out of the room and not stress that we will be starting this all over again.


The Bedroom Set We Have Picked Out
While we had everything cleaned out of our bedroom we decided it was a good time to get the new bedroom set we had registered for when we registered for our wedding. We also need to re-paint as our previous room was brown and the new theme will be silver. We have also decided to decorate with accents from our wedding. The bedroom set we have picked is Jennifer Lopez Old Hollywood from Kohls. We are going to paint our room grey and frame a photo of us from the wedding in black and white to hang behind our bed. Our accents in the room will be from our wedding with the black and white damask and red roses (my bouquet) and even our unity sand will fit into the theme of the room. It will be a special room and very much ours! :)


Traditional Backsplash in a Czech Kitchen
Czech Painted Plate
Last night we re-visited my idea to decorate our kitchen in a Czech theme. I know this is kind of an odd theme for a kitchen but when we got our new TV and got rid of our old entertainment center I also lost the storage place for all of my Czech crystal that I've received as gifts or prizes in my years as a Czech-Slovak Queen. I also collected several other items (including the 2 posted above) I want to display and this seemed the best place. The issue was that I don't have room for a china hutch to put all of this in and the best place I could thing of was on top of the cabinets which my mom pointed out would ruin them if I cooked and there was grease in the air. :( My dad came over last night and we are going to put rope light up on top of my cabinets and he is going to create a glass window in front of it to seal the items in so I can put it all up there.

I am beyond excited! I bought this house in August of 2007 and it has always been my house but it finally feels like it's becoming a HOME now! :) Not just a home but OUR home. One room at a time is all we can do with our crazy schedule but it's so much fun to see our ideas coming together and have things on the walls etc.

I will definitely post photos before and after in each room so you can see all of our progress as we go. Do any of you have any ideas to share on how we can make either of these rooms even more special? We would love to hear your ideas or special things you did to make your house your home after you were married.  

Till Next Time!
Stefanie Husak

No comments:

Post a Comment