Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful Project (Part Two)


November 8: Words
Ok...I'm going with one person and many words she said...Elanor Roosevelt has some of the most amazing quotes that all come back to LIVE YOUR LIFE! You have to live to be happy with who you are and what your life has become. It's so easy to sit back and complain about what you have or haven't done but the truth is you have to do things to enjoy life and in the process you'll make mistakes...just pick up and move on or you'll miss out on the good in life. Here are a few I love. :)
 





November 9: A Photo
One photo?!? You're crazy! I'm a photo nut and I love looking back at old photos and reliving what happened. I think I get a little photo happy sometimes and need to step back and actually enjoy what is going on instead of being worried about capturing everything on film (or on a memory card these days.) Watch my Facebook or Instragram profiles and you'll see what I'm talking about. :) Photo...junkie...HEHE! I guess the photos I'm most fond of are those of or with the people that I have loved and lost in my life. I'll never get those moments back but I'll never lose them either as they're captured in a photo and my heart forever and ever. <3


November 10: A Memory
My parents have been cleaning out the basement ever since they had issues with a drain backing up in the laundry room and they have been finding old videos of me singing and playing instruments in band as a kid and recording them from VHS tape to DVD. This isn't on video but I remember my dad ALWAYS being super busy and doing his best to make it to all of my performances but he couldn't always make it. I was playing in a band concert in middle school and dad had told me he wouldn't be able to make it. I remember seeing the light from the hallway in the back of the room as someone walked in the door during our performance. I saw my dad in the doorway and I remember smiling so big I couldn't even play my flute. I guess that just shows that it's the little things that matter. That wasn't a special performance with a solo or anything but just the surprise of him showing up when he had said he couldn't be there meant the world.

November 11: Something You Were Taught
Good old fashioned respect! I'm so thankful that I was made to be respectful of both people and things. I think that children expect expect expect these days and everything is handed to them on a silver platter. Now...I'm not saying that I wasn't spoiled...believe you me....I know dang well I was. I am saying that I realize I had a LOT of things that other people didn't have and I'm thankful for those things. I also know how hard my parents worked to give us not only the things we needed but nearly everything we wanted. I know that you don't talk back to a teacher or argue with them. To me these things are common sense and for that I'm thankful!

November 12: An Opportunity
I'm super thankful for the opportunity to go back to school for something I love. I've always thought about cosmetology school but thought that people would think I did it because I wasn't smart enough to go to "real school" but well...I got over that! I wish people that think that spent a day in our shoes. :) I am LOVING school (other than the overabundance of hormones and drama here HAHA!) and I am so thankful that I took the leap of faith (as did my husband) and went for it. I not only love it but I'm good at it. I am good at doing hair, I'm good at marketing myself, and I'm good at building relationships. I LOVE IT ALL! I am enjoying school and know I'll enjoy myself even more when I'm in the salon full time.

November 13: An Ability
I love that I have the gift of gab. :) I'm a lot like my grandpa and dad in this one. I know way too many people in this world because I have the ability to just talk to people. It becomes incredibly helpful when I am doing hair…BONUS!

November 14: A Blessing
I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know my father-in-law. It breaks my heart that I didn't get more time with him but I am so thankful that at least I knew him. We got very close in the short time I knew him and I would like to think that I was the daughter he never had. (My husband is an only child.) I was a girly girl when it was time to dress up and look nice but would have much rather hang out with the guys in the garage and work on engines or go hunting or shooting than sit inside and have tea. I wasn't afraid to get dirty and help however I could. We spent hours goin over how to do things on the computer and me making him lists of how to do it when I was gone. Oh and there was never a shortage of us giving eachother crap about one thing or another...we always had something to say back to eachother. I can't imagine hearing stories of him but knowing that I missed out in knowing him. I'm so blessed to have been able to love him as much as his family did and know that someday our children will love him too in hearing about him from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment