Monday, March 31, 2014

300 Before I'm 30 Accomplishments

Here is more detail about what I have ACTUALLY done. :)


26. Make a family calendar every year 
I made the first calendar this year and you can find it any of the 4 households in our family. It is always a lot of work but also a lot of fun pulling up pictures of things that have happened in the past year.

Here are a couple pictures of the photos I put into the calendar this year! :) Love my family!!

38. Quit my part time job
I quit Best Buy in January but started working at Supercuts prior to that. I technically did this but started a new part time job. I’m hoping that I can be down to one job when I’m done with school and not have a full time and a part time job. 

I only got to work one shift at the new store and that was kinda a bummer but it was fun at least to work there and see how it all ran. 
Sure will miss my hunting vest!!

48. Do a bride’s hair for her wedding
I haven’t done this yet but have several in the works. I am scheduled to do Amanda and Chelsea’s hair for their wedding (yes…I have 2 brides in the same day) along with Jessica’s hair for her wedding (which I am the matron of honor in) and also Heather’s hair for her wedding (her hubby to be was the best man in our wedding.) I can’t wait to make all of these gorgeous girls into the bride they always dreamed of being and am so honored that they chose me to help them out!! :) I'll post pictures when these beautiful women are brides! ;)

55. Go to 5 Concerts
So far I have been to 3 of the 5 (if you don’t include the outdoor concert I went to.) I went to the opening show at the Pinnacle Bank Arena with my husband for our anniversary and saw the amazing Michael Buble. Next I went with my friend Jena to see Miranda Lambert and had a blast rocking to some country music. The 3rd and most recent was the Demi Levato concert in Omaha. I went to this with a few classmates of mine from the esthetician program after watching Pitch Perfect and hearing that 5th Harmony was opening for her. I honestly wanted to see them but I am definitely a fan of Demi after the concert. 

56. Go to an Outdoor Concert
I wrote all about this in a previous post…check it out here!


63. Go to a Husker Basketball Game
I’ve actually been to 2 games. I went to the first exhibition game with my dad where UNL played UNK. It was fun but we were in the nosebleed section and it was just an exhibition.


The 2nd game I went to with my husband when he got tickets from work. We watched Nebraska take down Ohio State in an unexpected win and the team seemed to keep up the good work through the season after that. 

67. Learn to Play One Song with Both Hands on Piano
I taught myself to play “Say Something” by A Great Big World on the piano by using a YouTube video. I posted my own YouTube video of me singing and playing it. Not too shabby for the small amount of time that I spent to learn and create it. View the Video Here

69. Graduate with My Cosmetology License at College of Hair Design
I finished several weeks ahead of my class in January and started working a week or so later. I then began the Esthetician program at the end of January and am working part time doing hair and going to school full time for skincare. 
It's Official!!!

70. Get My Cozy License
I took my test a few days after I finished my hours and passed with flying colors. It was so scary but it felt good to have it done. I still find it very odd that we go into an airplane hangar (yes…waking through the planes and being told to be careful as I am tall and they didn’t want me to hit my head on one of the wings of the plane.) But it’s over and for that I’m thankful…only have to do that one or 2 more times…ugh!

Look Out Nebraska...Here I Come!!

76. Go to a Chiropractor
This has been a LIFESAVER! My back was bad enough but after finishing school and transitioning into a new job and now a new program at school I don’t think I would be walking if it weren’t for the chiropractor. I’m gonna go ahead and give a HUGE shoutout to Advanced Chiropractic Solutions for everything they have done for me. I LOVE everyone in the office and look forward to whenever I can make it in for an adjustment. http://www.advancedchiropracticsolutions.com

97. See a Comedian Live
I got to go see Jeff Dunham live with my family and ran into extended family there. We had a blast eating before the show and laughing our butts off together at the show. :) I have actually seen him once before and if you haven’t I definitely say you should go for it. 
He is HILARIOUS!!

122. Be in a Wedding
I’m looking forward to being in my friends Jess & Scott’s wedding in September where I am honored to be the Matron of Honor. :) It is going to be a blast (PLUS we are wearing black dresses and cowboy boots so I get to buy a pair!!)

155. Be a Scentsy Director
I have the most amazing team ever and promoted to Director this year because of all of them. We are officially the Royal DeSCENTants since we could register our team name after I promoted. I’m so thankful and so proud of everyone in my downline. :) 
I couldn't be a part of this amazing company if they didn't own and run it all! LOVE THEM!!


252. Start My First Job as a Cosmetologist
I started my first job doing hair at Supercuts in January right after I got my license. I am so thankful to Amy for making me more aware of this company. I have had so many opportunities to learn and grow in my short time working there due to her and all of the other wonderful women I work with. This transition could have been a lot harder without them!
My Apron, License, and New Clippers to Get Me Up and Running at My Job!!

253. Get Cable Again
We got Time Warner again but unfortunately it was right after we moved to our new house. I haven’t had much time to watch it with the busy days of moving, working, and going to school all the time. Maybe some day I’ll get back on track with all of my favorite shows! :) 

265. Go Blonde
I highlighted my hair until it was blonde…as my dad said…so my true colors could come through. GRR! Just kidding! The worst part of it was keeping up with it. Since my hair is naturally very dark it was barely a day or 2 and you could already see that my color needed to be retouched.
Last Few Minutes as a Blonde!


272. Go to the Chicago Hair Show Again
I actually just got back late Monday evening. It was a blast as it was last year and I bought something besides product this year. I could walk around there for DAYS and never get bored…and I did! :) Meeting celebrities of the hair world, stylists of celebrity, and people that could inspire anyone to be great. I love every minute of my time there and can’t wait to go back again next year as a licensed cosmetologist and licensed esthetician!
Me and some of the lovely ladies I spent the weekend!

273. Get My Hair Cut on Stage at a Hair Show
While I was in Chicago I set out to accomplish this one and got my hair cut in the Big Sexy Hair booth. Since this was one of my favorite product lines I figured it was fitting. I got it cut on Sunday afternoon. Here is a few pictures of me getting it cut and after it was cut. To be honest…2 days after I got it done I had a friend of mine cut it for me again. LOL! I just wanted it to to be either more asymmetrical or even and I went ahead and chickened out on having something different and went with an even cut. 
Here I am on stage! Photo proof!

1 comment:

  1. Emotions are getting in the way of common feeling.
    We will discover that people will be much more enthusiastic and thorough with their function. If these kinds offend your personal spiritual
    character, this might not be for you.

    my weblog :: online psychic chat

    ReplyDelete